How do I start the treatment process?
First, are you a candidate for implants?
- To find out you will need to see an implant surgeon.
- There are two kinds of implant surgeons:
• Oral Surgeons
- These surgical specialists will determine if you have enough bone to place implants.
What will they do?
- The surgeon will take an X-ray called a "Panorex".
- This X-ray will show:
• overall condition of the jawbone
• sinus spaces in the upper jaw
• large nerves in the lower jaw
What are the usual results for someone who is losing their teeth?
- Most people who are healthy will be candidates for implants.
- This is true regardless of:
• person's age
• amount of bone in the jaw
• hardness, or softness of the bone
- Even people with well-controlled health conditions, like diabetes and osteoporosis, can have implants.
| A Panorex X-ray|
Once you're a candidate, you're ready to start the process