What is an implant bridge?
| 12-Tooth Upper Implant Bridge|
An implant bridge is a one-piece set of teeth
- used to replace all of the teeth.....or.....many teeth in one part of the mouth
(learn more about types of replacement teeth)
- is permanently connected to dental implants
- shaped to look like individual teeth
- does not move when you eat or speak
- cleaned just like natural teeth.
- not taken out when you go to sleep
What is an implant?
An implant is a small, screw-shaped medical device made of titanium
- is screwed into the jawbone
- acts as an anchor to hold the implant bridge
- each implant has a small part called an abutment that connects
the implant bridge to the implant
To replace natural teeth with an implant bridge,
you will need 3 things:
Implants, abutments and the bridge
- implants are placed in the bone
- abutments are connected to the implants
- the bridge is connected to the abutments with small screws or cement
What's involved in getting an implant bridge